Instagram Sustainably: Seven Quick Ways to Make IG Good Again
You know the feeling when you’ve been scrolling on Instagram too much? You feel restless, drained, and grouchy. We’ve all been there.
Instagram can just be too much, sometimes. You think you should be posting consistently, maximizing for your audience, and creating valuable resources—but it just feels tired and overwhelming. How do you use this valuable tool in a way that grows your business but doesn’t burn you out?
This may be my shortest blog post ever, but here is a quick list of how I keep Instagram fun instead of draining:
1. Keep IG to business hours.
2. Set designated times of day to check it (ie: morning, lunch, and before you sign off work).
3. Set timers when you are reading other people’s content so that you don’t end up in a scroll hole.
4. Batch your posts (graphics and photos, yes, but especially the captions) monthly or bi-monthly.
5. Be normal. Don’t put pressure on yourself to be something you’re not.
6. Don’t post if you don’t want to. I’m serious. It’s better to show up honestly and less frequently, then to force yourself and put out lower quality content.
7. Take weekends off.
What would you add to this list? Or, which of these are you going to implement this week?
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
Add a comment